Thursday, June 27, 2013

Suicidal Thoughts

Having a med that works great to control hypomania is a two-edged sword! I have not experienced hypomania in almost 4 months now. I miss it!

Hypomania is something I miss on so many levels. It controlled my life, and in so many good ways. It kept me ahead of deadlines and what ultimately lead me to the top of my career-game.



During hypomania, the rest of the world goes away. All of your talents and thoughts center on the task at at hand, and the results are amazing. When you are in a hypomanic state, you do not need much sleep. In fact, I normally got by on about three to four hours per night, four to five nights in a row. And after each night, I felt like I had a good eight hours of sleep, which is normal for a hypomanic episode. 

The yearning for hypomania is really more of a need to “feel alive again”.  To me, my depression seems more like some sort of a cognitive exercise than an emotional response to things around me. While I would never go through with my suicidal thoughts, I just want to escape this new "presence".



No comments:

Post a Comment